Misericordia 2022 Heart of Mercy Ball Hearts + Home United!
On Saturday, October 15, the Misericordia Women’s Board will break out the bubbly and welcome guests back to the International Ballroom at the Hilton Chicago for its first live Heart of Mercy Ball since our last in-person gala in 2019. Our theme, Hearts + Home United, will bring us together to celebrate both people and place, as we recognize our 2022 honorees and highlight Misericordia’s beautiful homes that provide a loving environment, quality of life, and a continuum of care for residents.
In 2021, the Women’s Board observed Misericordia’s Centennial Anniversary with a Virtual Ball that recognized Sister Rosemary Connelly’s visionary leadership of more than five decades and honored the McGuire family, paying tribute to Frances McGuire, who founded the Women’s Board in 1921. As Misericordia begins its second century in 2022, the Women’s Board is privileged to present three awards of distinction to longtime friends of Misericordia:
- The Heart of Mercy Award will be presented to Edward McGowan, former President and co-founder of Edon Construction Company, Inc., for his friendship and generous support, including the McGowan Home in 1998.
- The Sister Rosemary Connelly Service Medallion will be presented to Marcy O'Keeffe Twardak, CFO of Corboy & Demetrio, who is a committed volunteer. She has been generous with her resources for over two decades and has introduced countless friends to Misericordia.
- The Pillars of the Community Award will be presented to Wintrust Financial Corporation and accepted by Ed and Dorothy Wehmer. Ed is founder and CEO of Wintrust Bank, and Dorothy has long been dedicated to the mission of Misericordia through various leadership positions on the Women’s Auxiliary, including the role of President in 2000.
Lou Manfredini, WGN radio and television personality, returns as the Heart of Mercy Ball Emcee. As the host of the nationally syndicated show HouseSmarts, Lou (aka “Mr.
Fix-it") knows houses, and brings a personal passion to our evening program, which will highlight the residential living areas that provide a feeling of family and a place called “home” for more than 600 Misericordia residents. A special video is being produced for the Ball that focuses on Misericordia’s growth over the decades that has allowed Misericordia to accommodate a variety of resident needs. The video titled, Feels Like Home to Us, will also unveil plans for a new residential development just south of the main campus named Sister Rosemary Park. Groundbreaking for the development, which includes plans for 16 new homes, was on July 13th and our film crew was on hand to record the profound joy of the event. The groundbreaking also offered a glimpse into Misericordia’s future as it once again expands to meet an unmet need and fulfill Sister Rosemary’s desire to reach out to more families on the wait list.
It's an important and pivotal time for Misericordia as it looks to its second century. Plans are well underway for Sister Rosemary Park and the recent creation of Misericordia Foundation, a new 501(c)(3), will exclusively support and help sustain the future of Misericordia Home. The Women’s Board will celebrate these exciting developments at the Heart of Mercy Ball, while raising funds for Misericordia Foundation in support of Sister Rosemary Park, as well as staffing needs that go beyond the bricks and mortar to help make loving, safe, and comfortable homes for Misericordia residents.
The Women’s Board, along with our generous Presenting Sponsors – The Family of Tricia McGee, and 2022 Heart of Mercy Ball Honoree, Edward McGowan - invite the Misericordia community, family and friends, to join us for this very special evening on Saturday, October 15th at the Hilton Chicago, where guests can look forward to:
- Cocktail Reception with passed hors d’oeuvres at 6:00 p.m. in the Grand Ballroom
- A carefully curated Silent Auction, offering unique objects, travel, sports tickets, dinner packages, and one-of-a-kind experiences, plus original artwork created by Misericordia residents
- Awards Presentation celebrating our distinguished honorees
- Seated, multi-course dinner
- Dancing to the high-energy music of Ken Arlen’s Front of House Band
- Heart of Mercy Ball video - Feels Like Home to Us, highlighting Misericordia’s beautiful residential living areas and introducing Sister Rosemary Park
- Live Auction offering exclusive travel packages, followed by Heart-to-Hand Paddle Raise
- Ireland Home by the Sea Grand Raffle drawing for a 7 night/6 day stay in a charming seaside home located at the tip of the Dingle Peninsula – winner need not be present and will be notified. Raffle tickets will not be sold at the Ball.
To learn more about the Heart of Mercy Ball, or for sponsorship opportunities and/or tickets, please visit the event website at: www.heartofmercyball.org
For those who are unable to attend the Ball but would like to make a contribution, please go to the Women’s Board’s Angel Appeal Campaign at: Angel Appeal (heartofmercyball.org)
Click play below to watch a sneak peek video!
We look forward to seeing you at the Ball!
MFA Parent (Charlie’s mom)
Misericordia Women’s Board
2022 Heart of Mercy Ball Co-Chair