Shannon Apartments – Site Representatives Report
(Info provided by Carol Hawley, Shannon Apartments Administrator)
- Everyone had a great time at the Super Bowl Party and the Valentine’s Day Dance. (Pictures are attached for Miz Biz Blast).
- Staff has noticed that the residents seem to be getting “bored” with our Cash Club & Mobility Club, so we have decided to try something different. The Q’s have been re-writing the money & mobility skill goals so that these life skills will be worked on during community outings. In addition, the staff came up with new Club ideas that we could add to the schedule. We are asking each resident to choose at least 2 clubs to replace their scheduled Cash Club & Mobility Club – but they are welcome to sign up for more! We are looking to roll out the new Clubs on March 1st. Club details are posted on the Facebook Shannon Apartment Secret Group.
- Patricia S., QIDP, has decided to join the Staff Development department on March 1st as a recruiter for Misericordia. We will miss Patricia greatly, but are happy that she will still be part of the Misericordia community! Tracy Johnson just completed her initial training and will be assuming Patricia’s QIDP responsibilities. We welcome Tracy to our team and are looking forward to her sharing her many talents with us!
- Two of our Shannon Apartment staff (Aster I. & Maea S.) are currently enrolled in Misericordia’s leadership training.
- Three of our Shannon Apartment staff (LaEra B., Shermaine C., & Maea S.) are currently enrolled in Misericordia’s Job Coach training. Job Coaches assist in training and mentoring new staff.
- Shannon Apartments has several residents participating in the Power Lifting Special Olympics this weekend – they are Connor B., Casey S., Scott H. and Bryan N. We are very proud of them!
- Pop vending machines will soon be making their way off Misericordia’s campus. To help the residents with this transition, we will be offering more shopping trips and will have a beverage cart where they can purchase healthy drinks. Our beverage cart will be used as a model across campus to help other areas.
- A new “for ladies only” relationship group will be starting soon with several of our Shannon Apartment ladies participating. The curriculum will be based on actual questions from residents.