We celebrated S. Rosemary’s birthday last month with a wonderful dinner and cake.In honor of her birthday the residents donated $86 to her First Giving page!
- Misericordia recently celebrated all staff who have worked 10+ years - the Shannon apartments had 16 staff members recognized for this accomplishment!
- All of the new Clubs started this month and they are a big hit! The residents (and staff!) are having so much fun with all the new opportunities! Usually we have a hard time getting the residents to participate when new classes are offered and schedules change - but that has not been the case with these clubs.
- The residents are keeping up with their tradition during Lent and are donating money to the Rice Bowl. They are doing a great job and after Easter we look forward to learning the grand total raised.
- Julie B. and Casey S. went downstate for Special Olympics basketball competition - They did a great job and brought home medals and ribbons!
- A group of residents participated in the Special Olympics swim meet - we can’t even count all the medals they brought home! Many of them qualified to go down state in June.
- The residents were busy celebrating St. Patrick’s Day. A group marched in the Southside Irish Parade, a group represented Misericordia in the Downtown Parade, and another group was invited to march in the Downtown Parade with Special Olympics in honor of their 50th anniversary. The Shannon Apts also had their own St. Pat’s party with music, dancing, and shamrock shakes! Ryan J. Was honored to march with the Shannon Rovers at several parades and the Polar Plunge that benefited Special Olympics!
- Our very own Jill S. Retired from the Green House Inn after 28 years of service.
- Four residents participated in Power Lifting Special Olympics and brought home many gold medals.
- Bryan N. Participated in Special Olympics gymnastics and brought home 6 medals!