A Century of Compassionate Care

The Misericordia Heart of Mercy family has much to celebrate! February 4th marked the 100th Anniversary of Misericordia!!

In 1921, Misericordia first opened its doors as a maternity hospital for women of meager means, at 2916 West 47th Street on the Southside of Chicago. A little more than 30 years later in 1954, Misericordia recognized an even greater need in society—helping young children with intellectual, developmental and physical disabilities. Our very own Sr. Rosemary Connelly came to Misericordia South in 1969. And in 1976, Sr. Rosemary along with 35 staff and 39 residents took a leap of faith and moved to our current campus at 6300 N. Ridge. From this humble, yet noble, beginning grew Misericordia as it is known today.

We remain #MisericordiaStrong! 

Watch A Century of Compassionate Care Video here